Purpose of this Privacy Notice
The latest version is published on this page.
Who we are & Important Information Controller – who we are
The data controller of our site, www.wed4less.co.uk is WED4LESS of Units 3,5,6 Mottram Mills, Mottram Street Stockport, SK1 3PA. We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact email@example.com or please write to The Data Protection Officer, Units 3,5,6 Mottram Mills, Mottram Street Stockport, SK1 3PA You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
This version was last updated on 3rd January 2019 It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please informed us if your personal data changes during your relationship with Wed4less.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the provision of information to these websites which will be subject to their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We have no influence or control over these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
The data we collect about you
We will ask you to provide certain personal data when you buy a product, place an online order sign up for
- Name (first and given family name)
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
- Financial data, card details and/or bank account details
- Marketing and communications data
- Technical Data
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with an answer to an enquiry). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How your personal data is collected
We obtain personal data:
- directly from you, for example by form filling, survey, enter a competition or sign up for our newsletter;
- by observing how you use our Site, for example from your transactions; or from other organisations such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies.
- by using CCTV on our premises to ensure the safety and security of our staff and customers
- when you submit an enquiry
We use your personal data to:
- Fulfil orders in store and/or online orders and provide service information – we gather from you information about your product selection, your name, delivery address, your payment information and any further information needed to fulfil your order (such as any special delivery instructions). The information on your order marked * is mandatory because without it we will be unable to fulfil your order.
- Process in store and/or online Returns and address complaints and queries – where you return a product or make a query or complaint, we will keep the information you give us to ensure that we comply with our contractual and regulatory requirements, to ensure appropriate further communication with you, and to improve our products and services.
- Remember you and view activity on our Site – if you have allowed access to cookies, our Site will automatically remember you the next time you visit, to pre-populate fields to make ordering easier and to improve your experience by directing you to information on our Site that we think will be of interest to you. We also gather details of your visits to our Site, including details of pages viewed, accessed or visited, your use of any interactive features on the Site, and the length of your visit. We might also contact you to remind you about items in your shopping basket which you have not checked out.
- Communicate product offers, events and competitions – we will use contact details you have given to send you information about our products, offers and events that we think will be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe from this service at any time; see HERE FOR details on how to unsubscribe from marketing.
- Update our records – we will periodically check that the personal data we store for the purpose of communicating with you is accurate. If you would like to update the personal data we hold about you, please update your account information and preferences by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legal purposes – we sometimes need to use personal data that we have gathered from you or third parties (such as law enforcement or credit reference agencies), or that you have provided to us, to comply with our legal obligations or for other legal reasons – for example to trace fraudulent transactions. We may also use your personal data where it is reasonable for us to do so and where there is no disadvantage to you.
- Report browsing information – we will collect information, if available, about your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is general statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns as a group and does not identify any individual.
We want to personalise your experience with WED4LESS so that you get the most relevant information about our products and services, at the right time. We also use services such as Facebook’s Custom Audience and Google’s Customer Match. You don’t have to give WED4LESS any of the following information but without it we cannot tailor our marketing to suit you and we may not be able to fulfil your order if you buy online.
When you sign up to receive our emails…
WED4LESS will remember your name, postal address, phone numbers and e-mail address. If you tell us exactly what you’re interested in when you sign up, WED4LESS can make sure we only send you information about the products we know you want to hear about.
When you go on our Site…
WED4LESS may analyse how you use our Site by recording your mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms (not including bank details or any sensitive personal data). WED4LESS uses this information to improve our Site usability and may use your activity on our Site to personalise marketing to you when you visit other websites. If you don’t complete your purchase, WED4LESS will keep track of what you put in your shopping bag for when you return to our Site and may remind you of what is in your shopping bag via email or banners on other websites.
When you link with us on social media…
WED4LESS may use the information you have publicly shared on social media to make sure you only get product recommendations from us that are suited to you. If you give us information about your friends (which you should only do with their permission), WED4LESS may recommend suitable products to them. If you submit user generated content through our social media channels, we may use your username or email address to communicate with you, in addition to using your photo. We may also use your IP address and geolocation to filter content by region, country or other local area. Such data is only used with your consent.
You can unsubscribe from WED4LESS marketing communications at any time by clicking on the link found at the bottom of every marketing email, by updating your account preferences on our Site, or by emailing at email@example.com Please note that it may take up to 7 days for any changes to take effect. See HERE for details on how to unsubscribe from marketing.
Who do we share your personal data with?
To fulfil your orders and make the Site available, we may share your personal data with other businesses within our group.
We may also share your personal data with the following categories of third parties:
- Our service providers where necessary to make products and services available to you and to promote our products and services to you, such as our suppliers of IT and marketing services.
- Credit reference, fraud prevention, and law enforcement agencies where it is necessary for us to do so to enforce a legal obligation or otherwise where it is fair and reasonable for us to do so for example for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Where necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Prom4less, our customers, or others we may share personal data with law enforcement agencies.
- External Third Parties – Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the obligations as to privacy set out in this notice would continue to apply until you are notified of any change by the new owner and the new owner may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
What are your rights?
Access to your personal data
You may request access to a copy of your personal data. You may object to how we use your personal information. You may also ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal information or to ask for some of your information to be provided to a third party.
There will be no fee to pay to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You may withdraw your consent to our continuing to hold your personal data at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure below.
Rectification: you may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com@wed4less.co.uk
Erasure: you may ask us to delete your personal data. If you would like us to delete the personal data we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying why you would like us to delete your person al data.
Portability: you may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format, or ask for us to send such personal data to another data controller.
Make a complaint: you may make a complaint about our data processing activities to a supervisory authority, which for the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office, by visiting their website at HTTPS://ICO.ORG.UK/. However, we would like to help you and would appreciate being the first to be contacted at email@example.com
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.
What do credit reference and fraud prevention agencies do with my information?
For further information about the use of your personal data by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How long do we store your personal data for?
We only store your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed in the ‘The data we collect about you and how we use your personal data’ section above. We may have to keep some of your information (such as payments information) for longer where this is reasonably necessary or required by law or regulation, for instance, to prevent fraud or resolve disputes.
Links from our site
We have no influence over or control of websites outside the www.wed4less.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the website data protection and privacy policies fully.
In any event we suggest that you check the policy from time to time for updates or modifications.
We will always hold your information securely. Wed4less is committed to protecting the security of your data. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep your personal data secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data and data stored on our Site and associated databases.
Prom4less recommends that you take measures to better protect the information you provide online. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. For security purposes, your password should not be written down and should be regularly reset. A strong password should not include easily obtainable personal data, should be at least 8 characters in length, and should be a combination of letters and numbers.
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
For email marketing, the best way to do this is to click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email you receive.
You can opt out of other marketing as follows:
- For phone and direct mail – you can contact our Customer Services (see Contact Us section below)
It might take some time for all our systems to be updated, so you might get messages from us while we fully process your request, but we will ensure that we mark you as having opted out on our database as soon as we receive your request.
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
Write to us at: Units 3,5,6 Mottram Mills, Mottram Street, Stockport SK1 3PA telephone: 0161 480 7555